Sunday, August 1, 2010

2.3 Generous offer

Jace leaned against the passage way wall. Above, senators and leaders discussed the future of Sunset valley. It was hard, getting all of the podiums polished in time. But Jace did it.

If only his father could see.

Out of the corner of his eye, Jace saw Tori walking towards him with a grin on her face.
"You did a great job. The City Council members are impressed. "
Jace beamed at her.
"Here's 150 simoleons for your hard work. I'll give it to you under one condition,"
"Tori!" Jace cried out laughing.
"I want you to accept a position with us as a ballot counter. It's peon work, but there's room for advancement."
Jace scrunched his face at her, "Peon. Really?"
"Look, people go to school for years to get into this kind of work. I'm giving it to you on a silver platter. I think you can do it."
Jace smiled at her, "I'll take it. And I'll enjoy it."
"I'll see you tomorrow, 9:00 am. Bright and early."

No comments:

Post a Comment