Sunday, August 1, 2010

2.8 Midnight surprises




Jace walked in from work on night to find Kaylynn on the couch, rubbing her tummy. He sat down beside her, putting his arm around her.
"Everyone's asleep," she said, turning the TV station, "and I have something to tell you."
Their eyes met and Kaylynn smiled.

"You were always saying," Kaylynn started, but she wasn't about to finish her sentence because the door bell rang throughout the house.
"Shit," Jace said, jumping up to silence the bell before it woke the house.

Jace opened to door to find a teenager on his door step.
"Hello," he said confused, "can I help you?"
"I'm looking for Kaylynn Langerak. Rumor has it she's here."
"Umm, Come in," Jace said to the boy hesitantly.

"Kaylynn?" Jace called across the living room.
Kaylynn turned to see the boy and her face showed concern.
"Seth! What are you doing here?" She said, jumping from the couch.
"He kicked me out. I didn't know where else to go."

Kaylynn put her arms around him and held him. "You can stay with us."


After finding blankets for Seth to sleep on the couch, the couple found themselves in bed.
"What were you trying to tell me earlier?" Jace asked, pulling her closer.
"I'm pregnant Jace."
Jace smiled from ear to ear and kissed his love.

No comments:

Post a Comment