Friday, August 20, 2010

3.11 Career Change

Although she couldn't win a battle at home, at work, she was calling the shots. She had recently been promoted to Carnivorous Plant Tender and her superiors were watching her. Not only were they watching her, they were watching Logan.

Her work performance was top rate, even if she was her husband's superior, which is why she was confused when she was called into Gerry Sanderson's office.

"You asked to see me?" She said, walking into his office with purpose. "I have called you into my office to discuss your future with Landgraab Industries." MaKenzie's heart jumped into her throat. Was she being fired? "I've heard rumors that you have married one of the Carnivorous Plant Tenders. Is this true?" MaKenzie knew she couldn't lie, but she wasn't sure why they had waited this long to say something, "Yes Sir, we've been married for six years." Gerry looked around confused and hurt. "Look, I hate to do this to you, but you have violated rule number one of the fraternization policy. If Mr. Landgraab finds out you two are married, he'll have my head or worse, my job."

MaKenzie sat stunned. It wasn't until Logan flew into the office loudly that she realized she was still sitting with her hands folded. "Mr. Sanderson, I quit. Which means, MaKenzie is no longer violating anything. And you can keep your job and so can she."

MaKenzie looked from her grinning husband to her frustrated boss. After a pregnant pause Gerry spoke, "Ok, but don't let me see you around here again Logan."

No comments:

Post a Comment