Sunday, August 1, 2010

2.6 Complete the Cycle

"I want to take you somewhere." Kaylynn said, pulling Jace out the door of the court house.

Kaylynn's Mazda pulled to a stop in front of the ocean. "Jace Mitchel Parkes, this is my favorite place," She said smiling. She pulled him from the car and down to the water side, kicking off her heels and stockings.

"My parents owned a house on the ocean. It was beautiful. But they fought a lot. So I would wander off," She said, gazing out to the horizon, "a lot." She spoke softly as if remembering the past.

Jace held her close and kissed her. He had lived in Sunset Valley all his life and not once had he came to the ocean.

"They're both gone. The minute I graduated they went their separate ways. Rumor has it my mom remarried in Champs Les Sims and my father high tailed it to Riverview."

Silence settled over them again. "Marry me," Jace said, looking her in the eye.
Kaylynn looked up at him surprised, "What?"
"Kaylynn Marie Langerak I want you to marry me."

Kaylynn smiled at him as he slipped the engagement ring onto her finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment