Sunday, September 26, 2010

4.5 Open Doors


"What did I tell you Lexi?" Ti-Ning said over the phone. "That douchbag better feel lucky, since Jami is gone I'm stuck babysitting." The baby in questioning was Ti-Ning's little girl, Annabell. "Or else I'd go whoop his ass." Lexi laughed a little bit, just to diffuse Ty's nerves. "Hey I looks like Joseph's calling. It's not a big deal Ty, I promise."

But inside Lexi knew it was a big deal. She also knew that sweeping up the pieces of her heart should be the least of her worries because today she had to go to work. And going to work meant she had to face Devin again.

Lexi walked in the theater doors, "Congrats!" Khalid yelled before her foot had even entered the building. "What's up?" She said, trying to sound as confident and casual as possible. "You got promoted! Band Manager Lexi!" Lexi smiled as he handed her a packet of official paperwork, "better get started, the band won't wait forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment