Thursday, September 30, 2010

4.9 Moving on up


Days with the band were difficult. Weston became romantically involved with Kristin, the lead singer. Not only was this awkward for Lexi, but she was constantly covering for them in the media, even if the tabloids were all over the news.

"Lexi," her father called from the couch, "Devin called today. He wants you to call him back."
Lexi rolled her eyes but pulled out her phone and began dialing the familiar number.

"Lexi! How are you?" Devin's voice came clear through the receiver; his voice full of excitement.

"I'm good, now cut crap. What do you want" Lexi snapped bitterly. Deep down she loved him and she knew it.

"Maybe I won't tell you," he whispered into the phone. He always knew how to talk to her. How to make her heart melt. It was hard to keep her voice steady.

"Just tell me Devin," she whined into the phone. All I want to do is to go back to pretending you don't exist.
"
Well I guess you've convinced me. My boss fired one of our scouts, and he asked me if I knew anyone. Well I might have mentioned your name. You start Monday."

Lexi stood in the foyer shocked. Trying hard to ignore the pain in her heart, she rejoiced at the thought of leaving the band and moving on. It might not have been writing lyrics, but at least it was away from Weston.


Note: I know I just built this amazing house, but I'm so ready to build a new one. So I'm thinking gen 5 is moving. I think the non-heir is sticking to this house and everyone else will move. I'll work something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment