Saturday, February 5, 2011

7.4 Disgust

Part one of Gavin's plan was working. He managed to get Ricky over to the house. They settled on dusk, since it was dinner time. Angel had cooked an amazing Salmon meal with Key Lime pie as desert.

Noah convinced Anastasia to come over, ignorant of his fathers plan. The two snuck off to steal kisses in the corridors as Gavin took Ricky aside to explain the situation. None of Gavin's suspicions altered Ricky. "I'll take care of it," was all Ricky said before leaving Gavin's room.
Ricky found Anastasia locking lips with Noah in the playroom.
"Noah, your father called for you." Noah pulled away from Anastasia slightly embarrassed.

As soon as Noah was out out ear shot, Anastasia rebounded on Ricky. "What do you want?" She hissed.
"You know what you are doing. You know it is wrong." Ricky rebuted. He knew his kind were not to be trusted. She wouldn't be happy at Ricky's ultimatum, but there was plenty of fresh blood in Sunset.

"I'm not doing anything wrong," she insisted, shoving her body towards his violently "he's willing."
"He doesn't remember. That's not willing." He snarled, baring his teeth.
Anastasia took a step back. She had strength, she could take him.
"I want you to find some other host," Ricky demanded, "or you will answer to me."
There was a small pause between them. Ricky could tell she was debating something. "I'll kill you," Ricky finished softly.

"I love him," Anastasia whispered, lowing her head, "I didn't want this." Ricky ran his fingers through his hair. Really.
"Do you think I like him being my host? It just happens," she began rambling. Ricky would have thought it was rehearsed except he could see clearly in her eyes. "It's only happened a few times, and I punished myself."


Ricky put his hand up to stop her. Yes it was happening. He felt her pain; he could relate. He remembered those feelings. "Look," he whispered, "if you truly love him, go to Landgraab Industries. They have a juice. It's still in testing, but it can help you. I've seen it done many times."
Ricky could count the times he'd felt exhilarated in his life. Many of those times were with Madison. But that moment, when she looked in her eyes so relieved that feeling returned.
"What about my master?" she asked, daring to meet his eyes once more, "he'll be displeased."
"You let me worry about him," Ricky said with a smile on his face.

The potion was perfected just after Madison's death. Not in time for his happy ever after, but he hoped he had given someone a shot at it. And Madison would be pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment