Sunday, February 27, 2011

8.5 Wrong House

"Dad I'm gone," Brooke yelled as she walked towards the door. She was on her way to meet with her first appointment for the day, and she was already running late.

Brooke hit the door with such force that she didn't realize anyone was standing behind it until she heard cries of pain. It wasn't just any cries of pain, it was Wilson's. "Oh, I'm sorry," she said quickly cupping his head in her hands, "are you okay?" Wilson looked around the porch and took a few deep breaths. "Yeah I think I'll be alright. In a rush?" Brooke couldn't wait around for small talk. She was late and now he was in her way.


"Yeah slightly. Look Addison isn't here. She's moved. Sorry." Wilson looked around again. Slightly embarrassed. "Ummm. Actually," he stumbled over the words. "I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me. I hear Hogan's Diner is pretty good."

A smile crept across her lips. As weird as it was, she was slightly flattered, "Tonight? I'm running late?"
"9:00, I'll meet you there," and with a smile he agreed.

2 comments:

  1. I love your legacy! I am starting my own and you are an inspiration :) Are you going to continue writing it? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tank you! Definitely going to keep working on it. Just pressed on time lately :(
    I'll have to come check you out. I love reading other legacies.

    ReplyDelete