Monday, February 28, 2011

8.11 Giving In



She was scared to come back to the park so soon. But if Ricky was right, her family was finally safe. "Hey stranger," a familiar voice called.

"Do you do anything other than stalk me?" Brooke called without turning around. "Not usually, night shift sucks." Wilson finished stopping next to her, "Go out with me tonight? PURE's open."

Brooke wasn't in the mood for people. She wanted to be alone. "Don't you ever just work?" She snapped, spinning around to face him with her hands balled into fists. Wilson grabbed both of her hands, "Occasionally, but I have problems when pretty girls are around."

She didn't understand it. She was horrible to him but for some reason, he always came around. He even seemed to enjoy it occasionally. Brooke smiled and let him slide his arms around her. It felt good to good to finally give in to someone.


"No, no, no," Brooke said pushing away from him, "Wilson, I can't." Wilson reached across the space between them, "you can't or you won't?"


"My career's too important," She fought, "I don't want a family. I don't want you." Any other guy would have walked away. Would have faced that Brooke was a lost cause. Not Wilson. It would be different if he hadn't waited for her through out high school or almost watched her die. Yes, he'd done stupid things especially pursuing her sister. But it was over now. She was happy and he had achieved exactly what he wanted. "I guess I'll keep trying," he smiled, walking away.

Brooke didn't want to be around people, but she couldn't stand to watch him walk away again. "Wilson," Brook whispered after him, "come home with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment